Sandford Mill from Rocque's map of Berkshire, 1761
Sandford, or sandy ford, along with Woodley, formed a Liberty with the parish of Sonning. It is possible that the mill there was one of the two that were counted at Sonning when the Domesday Survey took place.
Sandford was mentioned in 1557 when Sir Edmund Pecham transferred his lease of the mill to Richard Ward. It was in working order until the mid 1950s.
Sandford Mill after restoration 1994-5
Sandford Mill House
References in main text: