Lines Common from Dalby's map of Berkshire, 1723
Lines Common, which existed as such before the commons were taken for cultivation in the early 1800s, is shown on Mr Dalby's 1723 map as occupying an area to the north of the road from Darvell's Farm to the Furze. It could have been approached from Lea Heath by use of Little Hill Road and Green Lane, Dunt Lane, or Lines Road and Dunt Avenue.
Lines Common from the Hurst Parish Tithe map, 1840 after the enclosure
Lines Common from Dunt Lane
References in main text: