Hurst Grove, Sandford Lane, Hurst
Hurst Grove dates to the 18th century and was originally built on a square plan with a service wing. In about 1840 two wide angular bays were added to the south east front. The interior has an 18th century staircase.
Hurst Grove has been the home of several families. In 1840 the house and more than 30 acres of land were owned and occupied by Henry George Boldero Esq. In 1854 Hurst Grove was the residence of George W Seton Esq. Mrs Grove was living there in 1911, and Arthur Blyth in 1924.
By 1928 it was the home of Reginald Palmer and his wife, Lena, daughter of A B Cobham of Yateley Hill. He was born in 1898, the son of W Howard Palmer of Heathlands, Wokingham. He served in the Great War with the Grenadier Guards, became joint master of the Garth Hunt, and between 1931-6 was director of Associated Biscuit Manufacturers in Reading. In the 1980s the house was fully restored and turned into offices.
References in main text: